Updated February 2019.
- The River Opening ceremony was held on Saturday 16th February at 11a.m. at the fishing Lodge along the Downie Beat. Many attended on a lovely morning.
The event went off well with a toast to the River from the Chair of Beauly Angling Club Wendy Harpe, with the members and visitors led to the banks by the piper. More pictures in the Gallery – click on the photo below. Thanks go to Muir of Ord Distillery for donating the bottle of Singleton of Ord for the toast, Janet, Margaret-Anne and Liz for the cakes, biscuits and tablet and to those who tried a cast a two to tempt the fish.
- The latest Committee Meeting Minutes are available – BAC Minutes.
- The first part of the Permit is available now – the laminated ticket – from 18, Croyard Drive as usual. See the Costs pages.
- There is a new paper from the Ness & Beauly Fisheries Trust available from SISI project Article.
- Day tickets for the 2019 season will be available via FishPal or by phone/ in-person from Mr Ian McHardy, Riverview House, Viewfield Avenue, Beauly. IV4 7BF (07778479247).
- New pictures are on the Gallery 2018 page. The awarding of the Matheson cup has just been added.
- Tide Times for the week ahead:
Mon 18 Feb Thu 21 Feb LW HW LW HW HW LW HW LW 05:12 11:04 17:50 23:40 01:25 07:33 13:43 20:11 1.1 m 4.4 m 0.6 m 4.5 m 4.8 m 0.6 m 5.1 m 0.0 m Tue 19 Feb Fri 22 Feb LW HW LW HW LW HW LW 06:07 12:01 18:41 02:12 08:08 14:30 20:52 0.9 m 4.7 m 0.2 m 4.8 m 0.6 m 5.1 m 0.1 m Wed 20 Feb Sat 23 Feb HW LW HW LW HW LW HW LW 00:35 06:53 12:53 19:28 02:57 08:39 15:15 21:29 4.7 m 0.7 m 4.9 m 0.0 m 4.7 m 0.7 m 4.9 m 0.4 m
Beauly Angling Club provides members with affordable access to river and firth for Salmon and Sea Trout.
The club was founded during the Second World War by the late Simon Fraser, Lord Lovat, and became known as the Beauly Angling Club in the mid 1980s.
Our fishing on the River Beauly extends downstream from Lovat Bridge to Wester Lovat; this equates to around 7 miles of bank fishing with ten named pools.
The fishing on the inner half of the Beauly Firth is also included in club membership offering saltwater fly fishing, spinning and bait fishing predominately for Sea Trout. We have a number of exchange tickets set up with other Angling Clubs across Scotland.
We will have exchange tickets and also offer concessionary waters – please see the menu from the Members & Club Information pages after the Season begins
The club holds a number of friendly competitions for members held on different waters and regularly fields teams in inter-club competitions during the season, please see the Competitions page.
In 2014 we launched a junior member development programme aimed at bringing the next generation of anglers into the sport. We plan to have more Junior Fishing Days in 2019
Who can join?
The club is open to potential members from all over the Highlands & Islands. We would particularly welcome applications from potential junior members. Associate membership is available for other UK residents, and permits are available for visitors to our waters