Updated 17th September 2021.
- The latest Committee Minutes are available and should be coming through in-boxes. post etc. shortly. We will have another meeting before the AGM which will be around the 3rd December unless circumstances change. We need a couple of new members and a new Chair.
- The Annual Competition for Seniors was won by Jim Braithwaite at Tarvie Lochs on 29th July 2021. 5 boats were in use, few fish were caught.
- There is a new bench on Beat 3 thanks to Charlie and Iain. Plans are for the old one to relocate to the BAC car park to aid boots and waders removal. For parking, please remember there is only Blue Badge parking in the BHP. Pictures in the Gallery pages.
- Rods for Day/Season tickets for visiting anglers from Scotland can be bought from Ian McHardy in Beauly 07778 479247. For availability and costs, please check with Ian and the Visitor Information page
- We have a new Fisheries Officer in Ali Skinner. His update is available as a .pdf on the Information Pages. His contact details are Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07786741482 . Beauly Fishery Officer Update 2021. He will be working from Corffe Buildings, which will also be the base for the new biologist.
- Tide Times for the week at Inverness:
Sunday 19 September 2021 06:04 0.78 M HW 12:13 4.38 M LW 18:31 1.12 M HW Monday 20 September 2021 00:20 4.34 M LW 06:45 0.55 M HW 12:57 4.58 M LW 19:07 0.99 M HW Tuesday 21 September 2021 01:01 4.56 M HW 07:21 0.43 M LW 13:34 4.68 M HW 19:38 0.93 M LW Wednesday 22 September 2021 01:39 4.70 M HW 07:54 0.41 M LW 14:09 4.67 M HW 20:06 0.94 M LW Thursday 23 September 2021 02:13 4.75 M HW 08:23 0.50 M LW 14:42 4.58 M HW 20:30 1.01 M LW Friday 24 September 2021 02:47 4.70 M HW 08:49 0.66 M LW 15:14 4.42 M HW 20:52 1.11 M LW Saturday 25 September 2021 03:21 4.57 M HW 09:14 0.88 M LW 15:46 4.21 M HW 21:14 1.24 M LW Sunday 26 September 2021 03:55 4.37 M HW 09:37 1.15 M LW 16:20 3.96 M HW 21:36 1.39 M LW
The Beauly Angling Club provides members with affordable access to river and firth for Salmon and Sea Trout.
The club was founded during the Second World War by the late Simon Fraser, Lord Lovat, and became known as the Beauly Angling Club in the mid 1980s.
Our fishing on the River Beauly extends downstream from Lovat Bridge to Wester Lovat; this equates to around 7 miles of bank fishing with ten named pools.
The fishing on the inner half of the Beauly Firth is also included in club membership offering saltwater fly fishing, spinning and bait fishing predominately for Sea Trout. We have a number of exchange tickets set up with other Angling Clubs across Scotland.
We will have exchange tickets and also offer concessionary waters – please see the menu from the Members & Club Information pages after the Season begins
The club holds a number of friendly competitions for members held on different waters and regularly fields teams in inter-club competitions during the season, please see the Competitions page.
- In 2014 we launched a junior member development programme aimed at bringing the next generation of anglers into the sport. We plan to have more Junior Fishing Days in 2021 after the nation’s health becomes more stable. Who can join? The club is open to potential members from all over the Highlands & Islands. We would particularly welcome applications from potential junior members.