Beauly Angling Club Constitution
– November 2017 – Major revision.
(checked December 2023)
- The Club shall be called the Beauly Angling Club.
- The Club shall be under the Management of a Committee consisting of a Chair ,Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and up to four other Members. A quorum shall consist of five committee members. The Committee will retire annually at the A.G.M. but are eligible for re-election if they wish to be nominated.
- The Rules and regulations of the Club shall not be altered during the year unless there is an extraordinary requirement to do so. In this case the committee has the authority to act on behalf of the club and to make any rule changes required as directed by the Scottish Fishery Law, local agreement, as required by the Scottish Government or by necessity due to circumstances arising. The committee shall be obliged to immediately advise all club members of any changes to the club rules by the most expedient method available. Rule changes will be ratified at the A.G.M. or at a Special General Meeting of members called by the committee.
- In the event of a vacancy arising in the Committee during the year, then the committee may approach any current club member to ensure the position is filled as soon as practicable.
- The committee shall establish volunteer working groups as required to support club activities. The working groups shall be under the most appropriate committee member. The committee will have the right to co-opt members to the committee for specific tasks.
- Membership is open to residents of the Highlands and Islands, the committee shall consider applicants out with this area if membership spaces are available. Any Club Member leaving the Highlands and Islands may retain Membership of the Club, provided such Membership is continuous. Associate Member for applicants (who are out with the normal catchment) will be made available provided membership within the catchment has not filled all the spaces. Associate members will not have an automatic right of renewal and have no voting rights at the A.G.M. Associate Members may apply for full membership after 5 continuous years as an associate member.
- Any Member found by the Club to have acted in a manner detrimental to the Club shall be liable to expulsion or suspension at the discretion of the Committee. This also applies to Members fishing Exchange Tickets to other association waters.
- A Special General Meeting of members may be called (by any Club Member) for any reason regarding club business, the Secretary will call a meeting on receipt of a written request signed by not less than four members.
- All fees shall be decided at the Annual General Meeting or in exceptional circumstances at a Special General Meeting called for that purpose. Membership Fees must be paid by 31st March each year; payment of these fees indicates an acceptance to abide by the rules of the club and its constitution.
- Any additional fishing acquired by the club will be for Members Only.
- A Maximum number of 4 day tickets shall be sold for the river on any given fishing day.