Minutes of the BAC Committee Meeting Thursday 16th June 2022

1:Apologies: Derek Maclean, Charlie Simpson

2:Approval of Minutes: Approved by Iain Morrison
Seconded: Jim Braithwaite

3: Junior Fishing Days: Yorky advised us that the donation from SSE was running out. Wendy Harpe is writing a letter to the new manager at SSE to ask if they would like to donate again for the Junior Fishing projects run by Yorky and Karl. The Fishery Board have no money in their education fund to offer, but Jim Braithwaite will talk to the biologist Ruth about any projects she may be running suitable for Juniors – electro-fishing, river management etc.
The Committee discussed the on-going costs of having a Sunday fishing at Orrin Lochs. Working out around £125 per session with an average of 8 juniors per session, it was agreed with Yorky and Karl to hold 3 more Sunday sessions this season on the final Sunday of each month. These will be on 26th June, 28th August and 25th September. Nothing in July due to the school holidays.
It was agreed we would ask parents for a donation to the Junior Fishing for next season and question our local councillor to see if funds are available within the community.
We could hold the Junior Competition on the 28th August for Fly and Bait catches, most of the Juniors are now able to fly fish. Jim Braithwaite will organise some prizes.
The club will also keep 2 of the 5 rod sets which were purchased for the juniors, as most of them have their own tackle now.

4: Bidwells. Following a successful opening to the season on the Downie beat, the first portion of the levy has been paid with the second part due in September. There is a new accounts manager at Bidwells who has been sending timely invoices and receipts.

5: River Board and Trust:
Jim Braithwaite reported on the recent meeting he had with the Board and Trust. The Chairman of the Board has resigned leaving numbers low for the Trust which still needs Trustees even though ‘mothballed’, Jim agreed to be co-opted as a trust member. The Trust may have monies to be distributed if it is not re-formed.
Jim is to ask about the calculation method for the rates for next season and check if if the rates for the Club and riparian owners are comparable.
There are now at least 3 lifts per day at the Kilmorack dam with updated equipment. A new counting system has been installed both in Beauly and at Pitlochry requiring some fine tuning for accuracy. Monies are being spent on Corffe offices for the biologist Ruth and Ali the bailiff as a temporary office and there are plans to perform an aerial survey of the Beauly system to check the gravel and spawning beds and for the incursion of invasive species – Himalayan Balsam etc.

6:Matters not on the Agenda:
Loch Fada – Yorky has not been able to contact anyone yet but will continue to try and find out if we could fish the Loch.

Competitions – Neil Mackenzie had some profit from the Loch Watton competition to give to the Treasurer. The winners were George Eccleston with the heaviest bag of 4 fish at 5lb 5oz and Neil Drummond with the biggest fish at 2lb 41/2oz.
At Loch Meig the Beauly Angling Club team came 3rd.
The Senior Competition will be held 28th or 29th July but the venue has not been decided yet but likely to be either Stoneyfield or Laggan Lochs.

5: Next Meeting: 22nd September 2022 7pm at Cruivend House.
====================================================================

Minutes of BAC Committee Meeting Thursday February 3rd 2022

Present. Dave Sellers, Paul Summerlin, Charlie Simpson,
Neil Mackenzie, Iain Morrison, Karl Brocklehurst, Jim Braithwaite, Derek Mclean, Yorky Brocklehurst.

Apologies. None

Approval of Minutes Prop. Paul Summerlin.
Sec. Charlie Simpson.

Bidwells The Downie Beats, commence Feb 11th 2022 but we will hope to be having a Piper, Yorky to sort this out, and I have been to the Glen Ord distillery and they have given us a bottle of their Malt for us at the opening day. I have passed the Bill for the Downie Beats to Yorky and he will be sending them a cheque.
David was asked to send out an email to the members to remind them about the “Opening Bash” at the Downie beat Fishing hut on Saturday 12th Feb at 11am. There will be hot and cold drinks, a dram of Glen Ord Whisky for adults and to toast the river a Piper, if Yorky has got this sorted ! Warm Sausage rolls and Cluity cake as usual!
David will have copies of the Permit Renewal forms for any members who haven’t re-joined yet and they will be able to give them to John Szarkiewicz for their Permit.
Iain said that the key for the Downie Fishing Hut was in the box at the side wall of the hut, the code number can be given to the Fishers by asking Dave, and members are given the combination for the BAC car park Lock by Lovat Bridge when they rejoin the club.

Loch Fada: Yorky to have a word with George Fraser, asking him about a possibility for members to fish the Loch for “Free” There may be a problem as 2 companies own half each of the fishing rights !!

Downie Beat road, this has recently been repaired for the first 400 yds from the Tar to Gravel.
David to ask 2 or 3 members if they would like to be in the Downie beat syndicate as there are 2 0r 3 slots available.
Jim Braithwaite has been to extra meeting with the River Board, it is now “Frozen” and there may be some money available that could be allotted to the Junior fishing days but this is not there yet !!

The Ferry road. There have been some trees fall across the road blocking access to the Fishing beat. Iain Morrison and Ewen Robertson cut them up to pull them off the road to clear a way to the Ferry Beat ready for the new season.

Meeting closed.
Next meeting 16th June 2022 at 7pm.


==========================================================
Minutes of BAC Committee Meeting Wednesday 8th December 2021.

Members Present. Dave Sellers, Paul Summerlin, Charlie Simpson, Neil Mackenzie, Iain Morrison, Karl Brocklehurst, Apologies. Jim Braithwaite, Derek McLean.
Approval of Minutes and AGM. Prop. Paul Summerlin.  
                                                               Sec. Charlie Simpson.
Proposals for Revised Rules and Constitution as agreed at AGM.
Colour of Booklet to change
1 Committee Meetings Monthly as needed.
2 Membership. • Senior Members £80 • Senior Citizens £40 • Intermediate (16-25) • Youngsters (up to 15years) Free • New Members £100.
3. Rules: 11 Catch Returns to be moved to Rule 15 and all others then move up one. Addition of wording: Failure to make a return will result in a £10 Fine and may result in the loss of membership.
Delete The Ferguson Trophy Change Beat 3 (Teawig) to “Wendy’s Beat” Exchange Tickets Change from Wendy to John Szarkiewicz.
Day Tickets ( Stays ) £20 for the river
Available Through Wendy Harpe, 18, Croyard Drive, Beauly IV4 7EE        Beauly 782631 Email harpewendy@gmail.com
Opening of season Friday 11th 2022 but we will hope to be having a Piper and Dave will ask Glen Ord distillery if they can give us a bottle of their Malt for us at the opening day and a Banner for the hut. Dave will also try to get a Photographer from P and J.
Loch Fada. One of our members asked if we would be going to find out if the members could have fishing there again, Karl and Yorky to get in touch with the owners.
Downie Beats Dave is going to reply to Bidwells and tell them we would like to have the Downie beats same price as previous season.
Meeting Closed
Next Meeting Thursday 3rd February @ 7.00pm at Neils
=======================================================================

MINUTES Of BAC Annual General Meeting
Friday 3rd December 2021 at the Lovat Arms Hotel.

Apologies Yorky Brocklehurst , Ewen Robertson F Durdle.
Number Present 12.
No Minutes for last year Due to Virus.
Matters arising not on Agenda NONE
Accounts Passed :            Proposed : John Szarkiewicz
                              Seconded: Paul Summerlin.
Chairpersons Report.         Wendy Harpe gave the members her last report as she is retiring due to poor health and “Old age” but will still be able to act as the club’s agent for visitors who wish to fish the river by selling them the Day tickets from her home at Croyard Drive in Beauly. Wendy told the meeting that 11 of the members failed to send in their catch returns and will be fined £10 – to be added to their 2022 membership fee when they re-join next season.
The returns as follows.
      Salmon: 2
      Seatrout: 8
      Finnoch: 198
The low returns were blamed on the water levels and temperature.                   Proposed. Jim Braithwaite
            Seconded Dave Sellers.
Competitions: 
Watten. Comp Winners were Loch Achonachie A.C
The Mathesons Trophy Winner was Frank Durdle 5lb 8oz
The Tom Mightens Cup Winner was Mike McDonald 2lb 8 oz BAC
BAC Competition Shield Jim Braithwaite.
Election of office bearers.
Chairman Iain Morrison.    Prop.Jim Braithwaite        
                                                      Sec Paul Summerlin.
Vice Chairman Neil Mackenzie  Prop: Paul Summerlin
                                                              Sec Dave Sellers.
Secretary Dave Sellers  Prop: John  Szarkiewicz
                                                     Sec Karl Brocklehurst
Treasurer: We are waiting to see how Yorky goes on with the Doctors but he was voted as Treasurer in the interim.
Remainder of Committee: Paul Summerlin, Charlie Simpson, Jim Braithwaite, Derek McLean, Karl Brocklehurst.
Proposals for Revised Rules and Constitution.
Rule No 11 Catch Returns. To be moved to No 15 and All others then moved up one!
Price of SENIOR MEMBERS £80.  Prop: Paul Summerlin
                                                           Sec: John Szarkiewicz
SENIOR CITIZENS £40        Prop: Jim Braithwaite                       
                                                             Sec: Dave Sellers
INTERMEDIATE(16 to 25) £20     Prop: Wendy Harpe
                                                             Sec: John Zsarkiewicz
YOUNGSTERS(up to15 years) FREE  Prop: Dave Sellers                                   
                                                                 Sec: Karl Brocklehurst
NEW MEMBERS £100          Prop: Jim Braithwaite               
                                                                 Sec:   Neil Mackenzie
DAY TICKETS “Stay” at £20 for the River  and will be available through Wendy Harpe, 18 Croyard Drive, BEAULY IV4 7EE     Beauly 782631
Email harpewendy@gmail.com
FIRTH TICKETS also ‘stay’ at £45 for a season ticket and £20 for a week. These will be available from Graham’s in Inverness. 

The Beauly Fishery Board. Jim Braithwaite will be going to the next meeting and will report back to the Committee. He said that he was impressed with the new Bailiff (Ali Skinner) who has made 400 patrols of the river this season and caught several people fishing without a permit and some fishing with a net and the Police called out to arrest some!!
AOB Allen Hill asked the committee if there was any chance of the club being able to get permission to fish Loch Fada again. The committee will look into this and also try to find somewhere else to have competitions other than Tarvie!
Date of Next A G M The Date for Next years A G M to be decided in new year and will notify the membership when decided, likely to be early December.
The meeting Closed with Wendy Harpe being presented with a bunch of Flowers for being the Chair and hope that she will still help the Committee if we need any advise.
Tight Lines.